Facial Trauma Treatment in West Chester and Kennett Square
Facial Trauma Treatment in West Chester and Kennett SquareMatt Hottenstein2023-02-16T00:36:29-05:00
West Chester Treatment for Maxillofacial Injuries
If you’ve suffered an injury to your facial area, especially around the mouth or teeth, it’s important to seek professional help as soon as possible. The team at Chester County Oral Surgery & Dental Implants is experienced in treating all kinds of facial trauma, from simple jaw soreness to more serious injuries like tooth fractures. We will work with you to create a treatment plan that will help you heal and get back to your life as quickly as possible. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our maxillofacial treatment options.
Healing Facial Injuries
When you come to Chester County Oral Surgery & Dental Implants for facial trauma treatment, you can rest assured that you’re in good hands. Our team has years of experience treating all kinds of facial injuries, and we will work with you to create a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs. We offer a wide range of facial trauma treatments, including:
• Dental implants
• Tooth extractions
• Jaw surgery
Nature and Causes of Facial Trauma
Facial trauma can be caused by several different things, including car accidents, falls, and sports injuries. If you’ve suffered an injury to your maxillofacial region, it’s important to seek medical attention from our oral surgeons as soon as possible. The sooner you get treatment, the better your chances are of making a full recovery.
Bone Injuries of the Maxillofacial Region
There are several different bones in the maxillofacial region, and any one of them can be injured in a facial trauma accident. The most common bone injuries we see are fractures to the jawbone and teeth.
Soft Tissue Injuries of the Maxillofacial Region
Who can have sedation at the dentist?
There are many possible soft tissue injuries to the mouth area. They include:
• Lacerations: A laceration is a deep cut that goes through all layers of the skin. Facial lacerations often require stitches to close the wound.
• Bruising: Bruising occurs when small blood vessels are damaged. This can happen when the skin is hit with force, like in a car accident.
• Swelling: Swelling is a common side effect of bruising. It occurs when fluid and blood accumulate in the tissues.
If you’ve suffered any of these injuries, it’s important to seek medical attention from our team as soon as possible.
Injuries to the Teeth and Surrounding Dental Structures
The teeth are some of the most common victims of facial trauma. Injuries to the teeth can range from a small chip to a complete fracture. If you’ve suffered an injury to your teeth, it’s important to seek treatment right away to prevent further damage.
Common dental injuries include:
• Fractured teeth: A fractured tooth is a break in the tooth that can range from a small chip to a complete break.
• Dislodged teeth: A dislodged tooth is a tooth that has been knocked out of its socket. This can happen if you’re hit in the mouth with force, like in a car accident.
• Avulsed teeth: An avulsed tooth is a tooth that has been completely ripped out of the mouth. This can happen if you’re hit in the mouth with a lot of force, or if you fall and hit your head.
If a tooth has been knocked out, it’s important to find the tooth and bring it with you to our office. The sooner the tooth can be placed back into the socket, the more likely it is that it can reattach. If the tooth cannot be saved, our team can discuss your tooth replacement options.
Why Choose Us
When it comes to facial trauma and maxillofacial injuries, our team at Chester County Oral Surgery & Dental Implants is the best in the business. We have years of experience treating all kinds of facial injuries, and we will work with you to create a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs. We offer a wide range of facial trauma treatments, including dental implants, tooth extractions, and jaw surgery.
Contact Us for Facial Trauma Treatment in West Chester